Monday, June 6, 2011

Going to Colorado. How can I prepare for the drastic change in altitude?

I'm going to Colorado Springs (6,000+ ft. above sea level) in 2 weeks for an intense 4 day camp at the Air Force Academy. I, however, live in the Bay Area, where the highest altitude is only 400 ft. I work out fairly frequently, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to prepare physically, besides run my butt off.Going to Colorado. How can I prepare for the drastic change in altitude?
Just keep working out like normal and drink plenty of water when you get there. You'll be fine, if you are working out while you are there you will notice the difference but it won't be all that bad.Going to Colorado. How can I prepare for the drastic change in altitude?
drink a bunch of water so you wont get altitude sickness

maybe try some breathing exercises since the air is thinner

No comments:

Post a Comment