Monday, June 6, 2011

How much time is appropriate with my girlfriend?

I'm 15 years old and so is my girlfriend. We've been really close friends for about 4 months and we decided what better match than really good friends? There is no problem between her and myself, no we are perfectly fine and very compatible. The issue I am having is there is a disagreement with how much time is appropriate that I spend alone with her (at either one of our houses with parents always home). Her parents do not really have a problem with her and I at either one's house, but my parents believe that it is necessary to limit ';alone time'; we have together to once per weekend and no times after school. This equates to once between Friday after school and Sunday night. That is an honestly agreeable idea however it doesn't change with time off like spring break. I wanted some feedback from other kids and parents alike. I like to spend time with my best friend...is that a problem?How much time is appropriate with my girlfriend?
Well young man, being a parent who has raised a son, and now a daughter, Here is what I would do should later my daughter start dating a boy I would allow them alone time anywhere public around my home, however behind no closed doors and I would not allow to be alone in any bedroom or such. I commend you from having enough sense to know sex in high school is poor judgment. That being one thing you said that let's me know you have good mental character. Alone time in my home would be anywhere where I can hear you or come in close contact with any time I chose but give you enough space to talk and do homework but to ensure you resisted any sexual urges as in heavy petting and such.How much time is appropriate with my girlfriend?
Well young man thanks for chosing me, just be careful so that you don't become a teenage father and ruin your education. God Bless.

Report Abuse


Yes.
personally, i fell that's way to controlling. however, keep in mind that i had an abusive older sibling and going to a friend's house (regardless of if they were male or female) was my only escape.
no offnese butt ur parents are being gay, an unreasonable, you need as much time as you want, if shes the right gurl you will want to spend every minute u breath with her trust me, i am 15 an getting engagded, i have matured very fast people think im crazy but i kno shes the one and im doing evryhting to make her happy, so hope i helped man, lata
Translation: parent says ';limit alone time'; Meaning: DON'T HAVE SEX TILL YOU ARE PROTECTED PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY READY.
She's not your best friend...she's your girlfriend. Your parents want to make sure you don't end up parents yourself.
I guess the question I have, is, did the amount of time you are allowed to spend together change after you became a couple? I think that you are being quite restricted by your parents. Maybe they will chill out a bit as your relationship progresses. Sounds to me that they are concerned that you two are going to have sex.
I don't think any 15 year olds need ';alone time';. You can spend time at each of your houses with family there, but alone time for teens means trouble@!@



I would say several times over the weekend and possibly one nite per week on school nites, depending on whether your grades are good. If your grades are not good, then school precedes girlfriends %26amp; other activities. That is why schools require you to have passing grades to participate in sports etc. same should hold true for out of school activities! I'm not a prude parent either, but have years of experience and just trying to tell it like it is!
I personally think it's kinda messed up to limit your ';alone time';. What they're probably trying to do is avoid you guys having sex, probably thinking you're too young and by putting limits on how much time you two can spend alone together will avoid that. But they also need to realise, that it doesn't matter how much they keep you two apart if you're wanting to fool around you will find ways. I see no problem with you wanting to spend time with your bestfriend who happens to be your girlfriend. Infact, it's extremely healthy to want to spend time together. I would be worried if you were wanting to avoid her all the time. I think what you need to do is explain to your parents that it's not fair to limit how much time you two get to spend together, ask them if they would have done the same thing before you two started dating? Nothing has really changed since then except that you're probably a little closer now, holding hands, kissing and such, which wouldn't have taken place before. Ask them how they would have felt if someone would have done that to them when they were dating...regardless of their age at the time.
Listen to your parents.

You need to grow up and get educated and mature first.

You don't need heartaches at a young age.

Sex is a very .strong impulse and can overpower everything in your life

Don't get into temptation which could ruin your life.

You have to spend time studying and learning about life and with a girlfriend on your mind,you will have a hard time concentrating on anything but her. When the time comes and things don't work out anymore,you will be devastated. It will hurt you emotionally. Your parents are wise,they have more experience about life.
You know, my parents did that with me until I was 18. I still lived at home at 18, but they allowed me to make those grown up decisions when I was of legal age to do so. This may seem like they are over protective, but they probably just do not want to see you make this girl all you are concerned with in life. You know what I mean. You see some very young couples that are so wrapped up in a relationship that they don't have time for homework, sports, jobs, or anything else. Then if they happen to break up their hold world seems crushed. By limiting how serious this gets, they ensure that you don't ';lose'; yourself in the process of exploring a new relationship.
First of all, a 15-year-old doesn't talk like that, so I don't believe that part.



You all don't have to be in each others faces all the time. I think once a weekend is fine.
Oh, you don't need alone time! You shouldn't have sex when your only 15, because later you will regret it, and the thing is once you lose it, you can't have it back. No it is not a problem that you want time alone with your best friend, but your parents are probably worried that you will have sex, and they obviously don't want you guys too. In the mean time, you can still go out for dinner or to the movies.
  • Are satin bed sheets warm
  • hair transplant
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment