Monday, June 6, 2011

How high can i lift my '92 Jeep Cherokee XJ without having to change out other parts?

Planning on lifting it 4.5 inches w/RoughCountry w/ Leaf springs. Also how big of tires can i put on it with 4.5in lift?How high can i lift my '92 Jeep Cherokee XJ without having to change out other parts?
Can't do a body lift on the uni-body XJ. You can go 4.5 without replacing anything but springs, although the articulation of the suspension is not going to be all that great. Try 32x11.5 r15 tires with a slight spacer. At that height spacing between the body and the tire isn't much of an issue, with that tire size, but spacing between the tire and the suspension could be.How high can i lift my '92 Jeep Cherokee XJ without having to change out other parts?
It depends on what you want to do with it after you lift it. I think that you probably could do 33's with a 4.5 lift, but you are not going to have as much articulation as you would have with the 32's with the fender rub. However, if clearance is what you are in business for, it may be the way to go. I put a RE 4.5'; on my friend's XJ about three months ago and stuck 33's on it, and they are rolling just fine on the ORV trails. I don't think I'd get much larger than that though.



I'd also check out whats worn out under there before you put it on; I'd definitely look into an adjustable track bar and a new steering stabilizer if it doesn't come in the kit. Might as well spend a couple extra bucks and do it right while you're down there.
Add a 4'; body lift and a 4.5'; spring lift with 32'; Micky Thompson Mudders on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment