Monday, June 6, 2011

How do you deal with not being with your spouse on the holidays?

I'm very family oriented, and it's very important to me that my fiance participate in family activities with me. My family has a huge celebration on Christmas Eve, and we have always gone to it together. He changed jobs last spring, and this year may not be able to attend. He has to work a half-day on Christmas Eve and may not make it there in time. I know that work is work, and sometimes there just isn't anything you can do about it. At the same time, though, I'm very disappointed. I don't want to be a ';party pooper'; with my family, but I know that I will miss having him there. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Is there anything we can do to make it easier?How do you deal with not being with your spouse on the holidays?
Bless your heart! This is SO hard...but I know you'll want to be as cheerful as possible so that your family isn't dragged down by your feelings! Focus on the time you WILL have together...and make sure it's the best that it can be. I know you'll have fun! Something else to consider is that you and your fiance will be a NEW family after you are married and you will be needing to begin traditions that are particular to you. Life is all about change. Good luck to you all and Merry Christmas!How do you deal with not being with your spouse on the holidays?
it don't sound like he is just making excuses .... sounds like there is really nothing he can do and it is out of his hands.

understanding in this situation may be needed.
Plan something special on his day off.
The job keeps a roof over your head and is keeping food on the table. It's nice that you feel so close to your husband but he'll be home after work, don't make him feel guilty as I'm sure he would rather be with you to.
You are a stick in the mud - the world is a constantly changing place and you want everything to stay the same? You are going to be disappointed a lot in your life, I predict.
I deal with this same situation every year. At first it was a little hard, but then I just started coping. This will not be the last time he can't make it and that's okay. Let him know he has to make it up to you. Go to the celebration, be with family, without him there, it will be nice to have the company. Being alone is only gonna make it worse.
being away from your spouse on the holidays is the most empty feeling you'll ever have. try to surround your self with family and Friends and remember, he's just as lonely as you are!
i cant help you with an answer

because i am in the same position

just wanted to let you know you are not the only one



my answer, i just endure it, sorry, not productive for you, or me, but its how it is

No comments:

Post a Comment