Tuesday, May 31, 2011

2 part question `````pre-school?

What time do you put your 4 year old to bed? Before the spring time change...Mine has always gone to bed at 7:30 with one or two books read by dad or I. So by 8 ish or later he will fall asleep..

2nd part...How long are your pre-schoolers napping for? Mine is 2 hours, I think that is way too long, and mine does not nap either. So I was told he is getting to bother other kids and getting off his cot, and I was told I need to nip this in the butt, and perhaps put my son to bed later like 9:00! Are you kidding me, when do mom and dad get time for themselves after 9, shoot we are ready for bed as well, mind you I have a 14 year old as well. Thanks in advance for answers, I am just baffled how long naps are and now being told I should put my son to bed later...Not happy about that one. Obviously that is why I am here... :)2 part question `````pre-school?
Wow, that is a long nap. The teachers are supposed to be there to teach, not to watch the children take naps! I would suggest that you speak to other parents of the students and see if they have a problem with the 2 hours. I don't think you should have to change your childs sleeping routine, just because the teacher has a problem with it. If they don't want to deal with it, tough! Here pre-schoolers take half hour to hour naps, nothing longer. All you can really do is talk to your son, and ask that he use his quiet voice when the other kids are sleeping. Just remind him everyday before you drop him off, and remind him that if he does good at being quiet there will be a reward when he gets home. The reward can be something like getting an hour of mommy time, or daddy time. and extra dessert, or cookies. He gets an extra bedtime story, take him to the library to check out a new book, just make sure that you let him know some how that you are proud of him.2 part question `````pre-school?
when my son was 4 which was last year, i had him in bed at 8 and he didnt nap at all during the day. if i did make him nap he wouldnt go to sleep at night, never ending battle. 9 is a bit late for a 4 year old. see if the teacher can give him quiet time by himself with some stories instead of napping so he dont bother the others. naps are not for all children, some need it, and others are better without 'em.
where we are from in Missouri they have all day kindergarten. so taking naps at this stage i think would not be a good idea. maybe resting but not sleeping.



my kids stopped taking naps at about 3 or 4 years old. and they only had half days then. my grandaughter is 3 and she goes to sleep at arounnd 10pm and comes to me at 5 am everyday. then she sleeps till 9am. she hasn't taken a nap since she was 2. if she takes a nap she doesn't sleep at night. sorry to ramble on.
the pre school nap is 2 hours that is insane !!! I think that you need to find a pre school who wants to teach your child not have a nice lunch break your doing the right thing 8 is a good bed time i let my 4 year old stay up tell 9 only because my hubby doesn't get home tell late
My son is 4 now and attends pre-school all day. His nap is is 1 1/2 hours long, and his bed time is 8:30 every night. When he gets home from school, he runs and plays his little heart out. Then after dinner and bath he is tired. Maybe talking to you child about what behaviors happen at nap time may help.
My twins will be 4 in April and they haven't taken a regular nap for over a year. They go to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 and they wake up between 7 and 8.



Putting your son to bed later and still getting him up at the same time in the morning is going to make your mornings unbearable, he may get overtired and then his behaviour at preschool will be worse.



Expecting him to nap 2 hours every day is ridiculous. I would tell preschool that you are paying them to care for your child whether he is asleep or awake and they need to change their plan to fit your child. You shouldn't have to change your child and your whole family's schedule to suit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment