Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I need help on a tough bolt?

im changing the leaf springs out on my jeep and i was taking off the upper shackle bolt and the metal sleeve from the bushing is rusted to the bolt how can i get it unstuck?

I cant get PB into it cause its in such a tight spaceI need help on a tough bolt?
I have had luck heating these bolt sleeves up with a small torch and hitting it to break up the rust. Can you get a small hose up there to soak it with wd-40 or such? Of course, dont spray then torch!I need help on a tough bolt?
can you heat it up with a torch if not get the biggest breaker bar with a impact socket that fits the bolt and just crank on it until it breaks then replace it
Heating it and breaking it is a good way to go or if you can get a sawzall blade in there cut the head off and knock it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment