Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What I must to do: drop or abort?

Hi everybody;

I have been in America for almost 2 years. I am a legal immigrant with my wife and my 3 year-old daughter. I wanted to take courses in a college, even though I have a degree in my country. The 1st (fall 2008) semester was very easy, I took 3 courses and I had good grad in each of them. But circumstances change in this spring semester. I am a full time (4 courses) and some events appear: I changed the job (overnight and hard job); my wife is pregnant...and so on. The height is that I find the courses very boring, yes it's true; questions in the quizzes like how many centimeters are there in one meter. I just can't continue the semester with this way, too much wasting of time in homework. So I stopped everything. I don't take the courses any more. I went to the registration at the college ( BHCC, in Boston), they said to fill a drop-form, and it檚 late to get the refund (I have a financial aid). Any way if I fill the drop-form or I abort courses the results will be in my transcript. In your opinion which is less ravaging, abort the courses doing nothing, or fill this drop-form? And do you think this will affect my future financial aid? I am planning to do an equivalent to my degree that I had in my country, and I will take only the courses which are new for me. Please try to answer sincerely without morality. I am a non-traditional student and I had a hard time in the pass.

Thank you in advanceWhat I must to do: drop or abort?
well as you probably know, students loans suck to pay back, and if you are in as little as you are right now, then i wouldn't go any further and get into anymore debt. Can't you use your other degree to get a job here, an education is an education no matter where your from. but it won't affect future financial aid. i had to drop the semester and quite school for a little bit due to an illness. but a couple years later i went back to school and did online classes and didn't have any trouble at all with financial aid. hope everything works out for the best!!!
  • brown hair
  • fake myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment