Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I talk to the management for my townhome rentals?

I had talked with my landlord about moving to a different unit because this one has too much space that I don't need or want and I wanted an end unit. Well a few end units became available for rent last month and one of the persons mentioned that I could get into one in december. So plans were on for me to move then on a cartain date, but then after talking with them a few weeks later they said ';oh no we were mixed up that one is not available for rent now'; the most detail that she gave to me is that it's not available and never was.





At one point later she said that no end units would be available until possibly spring. This change of mind happened the week that there was a random leak in my unit that caused some flooding on the first floor near the bathroom. I had nothing to do with it, and while it as my boyfriend that was there while they were doing repair, he did not find out what was wrong either. Management said it was a pipe leak from the bathroom. It would seem that they do not mind coming in to repair thing here, because there have been multiple issues since I have moved here, one was a major issue where they needed to get into the ceiling of my kitchen becaue there was a leak form the upstairs bathroom. Days later after they went in to the ceiling and tore a huge hole in it there was another leak, but fortunately the hole as still not repaired so they could re-fix it, then they proceeded to patch the hole, and it's been fine since. Well there have been lots of problems with this unit because I haven't demanded them to come fix some of these issues, they may not understand how problematic they are.



How can I explain any of this to them. and that if they're lying and there is an end unit open I'm just finding a new rental management but that isn't what I want to do.How can I talk to the management for my townhome rentals?
You can tell them just what you said here. If your lease is almost up or you are on a month to month lease you can give them notice that you are going to move.

Look around and try to find a better managed property.

It should be no more trouble to move to a different complex than to move to a different unit in the same complex.



Put everything in writing and clearly communicate your demands and requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment