Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Marlin 60 missfires!!?

Hey,This gun is getting ready to go back in the closest! Or the garbage! Unless U guys can help me,Its miss firing! It was jamming until i changed ammo to copper nosed Winchester High V. now it just miss fires ever few shots! Dammit! I cleaned the dam thing with a tooth brush! Got the dirt out around the chamber and everything changed the firing pin and hammer spring,I was going to change the recoil spring but it looks like all the websites are sold out,The recoil spring could possibly be the problem? But i did a test I held down the bolt and used spent rounds just to see how hard the firing pin was hitting,Well..sometimes it hits harder than others.Don't make no sense dam sense!Same when i`m shooting it,Shoots two or three shots fine,Then it miss fires.Even with rapid fire!But it did miss a bullet a couple times on the return feed,I think that was because of the rapid firing.O yeah!before i forget?I've had a few!LoL Sorry,Anyway! How do U polish the bolt and rails?What are the rails,Somebody said do that,Please help,THANKS.Marlin 60 missfires!!?
Slowdown cowboy!



I have the same model. Mine does the same thing. Mine is pretty much brand new. I have tried a couple of different brands of ammo with no luck. I bought mine for my son, who now, cannot have it for something he did. Anyway, I'm not all that interested in it and haven't taken the time to try and fix it or figure out what kind of ammo it likes.



Because mine is new, I'm not going to try hard. I will call or send it back to Marlin.



I just had a look at the Marlin website. If it's newer than five years, it is under warranty and they will repair it if you ship to them. Don't go foolin' around and make it worse, just send it back to Marlin after you're tried enough different ammo to satisfy yourself that it's the gun.Marlin 60 missfires!!?
My 22 misfires more than all my other guns combined. I think it's just the nature of the cartridge.
Think it was the bulk Remington .22s I had a problem with. 550 pack for $20, but one in ten wouldn't go off. So it could be the ammo.
I had a Marlin 60,it was finicky from day one. It would only fire the Remington golden bullet and after a year,I gave up. After many cleanings,sold at a gun show. The Ruger 10/22 replaced it,now my favorite. At another gun show a Marlin 49dl for sale by the owner, bought out of curiosity,nothing like the 60. It shoots all ammo and meets my specs which is 1'; at 50 yards.You are not the only one to have trouble with the 60,no other makes these pages like it. Some swear by it. P.S. if ammo misfires I try it in another,with the 60 the ammo fires in another the 60 seems to have multiple problems, check for the thumbs on that opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment