Saturday, November 20, 2010

Disassemble .22 bolt action?

I know how to take it apart for the most part, but my tube feeder is giving me some trouble, how do I take apart the tube feeder so that I can stretch/change the spring?Disassemble .22 bolt action?
These are inevitably pinned through at the head. The pin also is used to retain the tube in the gun. You take the correct size punch and drive out the pin. The head will then come off the tube and you can then remove the spring and follower. To reassemble, insert the spring and follower, followed by the head, and then pin it back together.



Make sure that you properly support the mag tube as you remove this pin, it is easy to bend the tube, and then all sorts of fun ensues.Disassemble .22 bolt action?
Do you need to take the pusher apart? or the lever that pushes the ammo up for the bolt?



I've personally had lots of problems with these types of .22 rifles. If you want to keep the gun, you should take it to your local gun shop and have it looked at. I would personally sell it and get a new .22 with an attachable clip/mag. Maybe a Ruger 10/22 is up your alley?

No comments:

Post a Comment