Monday, November 22, 2010

How much does a good winter of training help you for track and field?

Last year when I was a freshman, I hadn't trained all winter and I ended up running a 4:42 mile and a 2:09 800m. This winter, I've been running regularly, and I plan to peak at 50 miles a week over the winter. I also run one long run and one tempo a week. Will this have any significant changes come spring or is it just a matter of a second or two. Also, I cut my mileage back every 3 weeks. For example, I will run 50 minutes a day for a week, then 60 minutes the next, then back to 40 minutes the 3rd. I find it's a break from ';high mileage'; (yes I know 50 miles a week isn't very high) and it also allows me to increase the speed on my runs naturally.How much does a good winter of training help you for track and field?
I run 10 miles a day and yes and anything will help you btw im in high school too and thanks for not being mean:)jerk jk:)

No comments:

Post a Comment