Monday, November 22, 2010

Changing major before spring semester?

I have decided to change my major before the Spring semester starts.



Does this mean I will have to spend an extra year in community college? (for a 2 year associates degree)



Fall semester is over - I changed the major.



Spring semester starts next month - My first semester in my NEW major.



So that would mean NEXT fall would be my SECOND semester in this new major...and next spring would be my THIRD (when it should be my fourth)...



how does this work out? Have any of you changed majors before a semester?Changing major before spring semester?
I changed majors twice in community college. The good news was that I was focused on completing my general ed. classes and not getting too specific into my major. Once I had decided on my new major and what school I really wanted to transfer to, I was able to take two of the required classes for that 4 year major (at U.C. Santa Barbara) and get them done at community college (Santa Barbara City College). On the downside, changing from Business to Communication did lead to needing to take some different classes than I had planned on. In the end, I took 3 years at Community College instead of 2. But, now that its 16 years later... it was worth it. Best decision of my life, I followed my passion. And I'm glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment