Wednesday, November 17, 2010

When i launch my celica gt st202 jap import why does my cars steering pull against me left and right? ?

when im driving my car fast my steering slighly pulls against me left or right and seems abit dangerous and slightly difficult to control especially in wet conditions doesnt stop me from racing and driving fast but its risky and i would like it sorted but dont know what it can be also my driver side front of car sits lower than passenger side how do i know if its my spring or shock as when its pushed against driver side hardly moves and is very stiff and passenfger side is slighly bouncy any 1 have any good ideas without just spending loads on guessing ive changed springs on car but car has been pulling to left since day i got it its not balancing or tracking what can it be or whats best thing to do i really like this car another thing is sometimes if i pull a 180 handbrake the car sometimes slides left first and then 2 seconds later spins around clockwise as its supposed to help me people







(mike) my email add is lovelife7861@yahoo.co.uk send pics of celica and vids would be good to especially showing the performance like 0-60 launch but dont start going crazy and end up messing your car up only do it if its safe for ya, wana see hows yours is like compare to mine and if mines worth spending some cash on to get sum more powerWhen i launch my celica gt st202 jap import why does my cars steering pull against me left and right? ?
i should guess its a suspension problem i.e lower arm or control arm. i had this problem wen my front right lower arm was screwed.get it into a toyota garage cos they will be the only people that understand the superstrut suspension.it could be that the previous owner replaced one shock, which is bad cos u hav 2replace them in pairs or one side will b stiffer than the other side. the handbrake problem u hav is a mystery 2me. i'll get some pics sent 2u soon internet connection is slow at the moment plus my girlfriend is using the car at the moment so i'll get a 0-60 time soonWhen i launch my celica gt st202 jap import why does my cars steering pull against me left and right? ?
your brakes or the wheel keep switching to try to get traction. you should read more and learn more on racing and how to correct it. practice in gokart before a fullsized car. before you kill ur self.
You've discovered Torque Steer!

It's impossible to have the hub bearing centered exactly in line between where the upper %26amp; lower ball joints pivot. If you did, there'd be no effort or 'feel' to the steering. Also, there'd be no possibility of the wheel self-centering when you let go of it going down the road. Torque on the wheel (either braking or accelerating) causes the spindle to try to rotate about the kingpin axis. If both tires have equal traction, then the two spindles pull against each other with equal force through the steering linkage. The result is zero torque on the steering wheel. No problem. But IF one wheel loses traction, the other wheel will turn the spindles, steering the car toward the side with low traction, and torquing the steering wheel in your hands. The higher the power available, and the greater the difference in traction, the more violent the torque steer. Other factors that affect this are differential type (limited-slip diffs typically result in greater torque steer), and the respective length and mass of the two axle shafts (the shorter axle will usually get a little more torque transmitted to it). The same effect also happens when one wheel goes over a bump; that's called ';bump steer';.
its nothing my moms car does that when i really stomp on it. you just have to learn how to control it and not run off the road its just not getting full traction is all

No comments:

Post a Comment