Saturday, November 20, 2010

Front springs on a Ford Taurus Wagon?

How do you change the front spring on a '93 Ford Taurus Wagon? It 's on the right side and it makes a loud 'click - clanking' sound when you turn in either direction. (i was told it could blow my tire out) I've never done this but my brother -in -law has a garage with the tools to use and am willing to try.

If someone can give me step by step instructions or a web site with the info I'd be very grateful.Front springs on a Ford Taurus Wagon?
If you've never replaced coil springs before, I recommend you bring your car to a professional. It is a very dangerous job without the proper tools and knowledge. The springs are under a great deal of tension and if allowed to pop free of the strut they can cause serious injury. Strut mounted coil springs need to compressed in order to remove them from the struts. There are spring compressors available for DIYers but the shape of the springs on a Taurus is awkward and will easily slip from tool while loosening the top nut. Coil springs need to be replaced in pairs and are relatively inexpensive.Front springs on a Ford Taurus Wagon?
The previous poster is correct. This is a potentially dangerous, very involved job. I've got years of experience working on my cars, but this is one job I'd take to a shop.



That being said, the problem you describe sounds more like a bad CV joint, not a spring.
There are not front springs on that car. You have struts and cv joints. Take it somewhere that does cv joints. For $100 a side, they can fix the problem.
  • white hair
  • girl in class
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment