Monday, November 22, 2010

How many people will be parking their cars and walking or take public trans?

Gas prices are up again! That ';Spring ahead'; slogan should be changed to ';Spring ahead, and also raise them gas prices'; since they go hand and hand. Weather gets warmer, the gas goes up. And they said on the news that it will be $3 a gallon as the weather gets warmer.



http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=1How many people will be parking their cars and walking or take public trans?
Well, ours just dropped 10 cents.



In NH you can't do a lot of that as none is available. Or should I say little.How many people will be parking their cars and walking or take public trans?
I live in Manhattan. No brainer
i live in ca.. when was gas under $3.50
Unlikely. Except for a handful of cities in America, public transport is seen as a utility for losers.
I live so far out in the country, that it takes two hours to get to a store. I have my own gas dropped on my property because of my farm equipment. Most of the time, I ride my Harley.
In Memphis, TN you'd get robbed and killed. So much for being a 70% black and 30% white city with the 2nd highest crime rate in the country...hmmm.
It doesn't really matter to me, because we're going to have to adjust to limiting our oil consumption anyway and also start finding alternatives to using gasoline powered vehicles very soon. At our current rate of consumption we're going to run out of our precious oil by 2050.
I will drive because public transport has cut service. plus I don't have to get up 2 hours earlier to make it in on time.
have you ever taken a taxi... muy expensive... that is public trans.. stop barrowing money and stop pumping gas if you dont like the price.... they are crooks... sell your stocks and force them out of business..
I drive to work 5 days a week in a 5 year old car with less than 34000 miles on it. I don't use much gas. I'd take public transportation if there was any available to take.
If public transportation were available, I would definitely take that as a mode of transportation. However, where there is public transportation here, it is too dangerous to ride because of molestation and robbery while on the bus, train, or whatever. I think instead of worrying what our children eat at school at lunch, buses should be taken out of the school system and children could get their exercise by walking home from school, as I and all of my friends did. Way back when, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment