Monday, November 22, 2010

What is wrong with my 1999 honda recon 4 wheeler?

I havent messed with it for awhile but now am looking to find out what is wrong with it. If lucky enough to get it to run it dies when given more throttle.This 4 wheeler has to have less than 3 or 400 hrs on it as I bought it brand new mainly for hunting. 98% of the time it stayed in a barn only to be used during hunting season. I havent been able to get it to run for about 5 years probly. I do notice that the throttle spring is bent weird some how .I changes the spring out and it didnt make a difference. Also the choke does nothing it seems. The carb was cleaned once or twice in past but did no difference. I would like to fix the prob myself and avoid $76+ an hour fee the bike shops want to charge because they think their hands are made of gold. Automobile mechanics dont even make that much.What is wrong with my 1999 honda recon 4 wheeler?
Some suggestions you might try are. Checking the fuel filter. Checking to be sure that the fuel lines are not gummed up coming out of the tank. If it has a float make sure it is not stuck.
  • internet explorer
  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment