Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Changing my MAJOR before SPRING SEMESTER?

I am attending community college, for a 2-year associate's degree.



I have completed my FALL SEMESTER in Web development....but I did not do so well.



I plan to change my major to Accounting.



My question is, how can I start in the SPRING SEMESTER, a whole new major?Changing my MAJOR before SPRING SEMESTER?
Every semester is a new semester. You can start anytime -- next semester is as good a time to start as any.Changing my MAJOR before SPRING SEMESTER?
Take classes according to Accounting major, and I would recommend you to talk to counselor.
An accounting major is not going to be any easier than a web design major. More than likely it will be even harder depending on how you are at math.
First of all it is always best to right away talk to your advisor.



Usually if you were on one track, webdesign, and that takes 2 years and did one semester of that, now you are going to switich to another major you are going to have to start all over again.



Another thing that might affact you is that some classes are only offered at specific semesters and are sequencial. I don';t know for your specific major but some classes are only offered during the fall or the spring. So where as you want to start in the spring, the first class or some class you need will be offered in the fall. So pretty much you might be out of sync with the classes being offered.



Again, talk to your advisor!

No comments:

Post a Comment