Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Question about a guitar-set up!?

After changing the strings on my guitar (Electric), I've been having problems with the bridge. The strings are not too tense, so obviously i did something wrong. Whenever i tune to standard, my bridge is being pulled out of the guitar. I tried adjusting the springs in the back, but it does very little to help.



So I've heard about people getting their guitars set-up. Does this service include adjusting my bridge, changing strings, adjusting/adding springs and adjusting the action? Also, how much does this usually cost?Question about a guitar-set up!?
Sounds like you put heavier guage strings than before. the extra tension is cuasing the bridge to lift up. First thing you can try is adding some extra springs in the trem cavity. The neck truss rod, which is what the other guy is talking about, should be adjusted by a professional who knows what they are doing. Screwing the truss rod in one direction or another too much can just make things worse if your not totally sure what you are doing. Getting a set up done does not cost that much at all $30 give or take and they will take care of all that stuff for you. Your guitar will be playing better than ever.Question about a guitar-set up!?
add springs thats what i had to do when i changed my strings
Try adjusting the neck via the neck screw (if you have one) your neck may have warped a little bit As for having a pro adjust your guitar, I wouldn't expect to pay more than 20-40 dollars depending on the adjustments being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment