Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I change from a waterbed to a regular mattress?

I have a water bed (the kind that has sides, and then has tubes inside it, and then a separate piece that lays on top with sides on it.) I also have a box spring under it. I am wanting to get rid of the tubes, and have a regular mattress. I have read about mattress inserts but don't really know what those are or where to buy those (but would love any info on that). Any suggestions on how to have a ';normal'; type mattress would be appreciated.How do I change from a waterbed to a regular mattress?
There is a lot to cover here so please bare with me.



You have a softside waterbed- they do not make an insert that will fit the cavity of your mattress and a customer air mattress is not available to my knowledge and if it was would be quite expensive. Just look at the price of Sleep Number Beds from Select Comfort. Visco elastic memory foam custom fit would be just as expensive.



As far as draining it goes, if you are just going to dispose of the tubes, you can carry them outside or to your tub and pull the cap and plug. Simply empty them and throw them away.



Learn here what a waterbed insert is.

http://www.stlbeds.com/mattresses/water/



About the only thing that would be useable for a new bed would be your foundation (box spring) and the steel frame, or drawers if you have them, and the headboard. Careful here some companies will not warranty their coil spring mattress, memory foam mattress or all natural latex mattress on someone else檚 foundation.How do I change from a waterbed to a regular mattress?
I have one like that and just ended up using it for storage. You could get an air mattress to fit inside or better yet a a visco elastic mattress insert. It would not be cheap but those are touted to be the best mattresses in the market. I think you can get them custom made.
your water bed has a drain plug on the side and an attachment to go to it to drain out wateryou will need a long water hose and the attachment t to screw to hose to get water outbeleave me its no easy task for 1 person then it took me and my son to get ot out window cause he didnt have attachment

No comments:

Post a Comment