Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If I take online classes now, can I change my mind later and actually go?

I want to take online classes right now, to keep my job.

Later on I might want to actually start going.

Can I just transfer or how does that work?



I will be taking classes online for CU in the spring if I do decide to do this.



and one more question,

is an online degree the same as a real one?

im going to be taking classes to help me persue a career in counseling.If I take online classes now, can I change my mind later and actually go?
If you enroll in an online program at a college or university that also has campus locations that school should use your credits towards a degree if you choose to attend in person at a later date. Transferring credits from one school to another becomes a bit more tricky regardless of whether the credits were earned online or on campus as some colleges do not offer credits for classes they do not offer themselves. But there is no added difficulty transferring credits from an online program as long as the college is regionally accredited.



Based on what you say in your question I would think an associate degree program might be a good fit for you. Associate degree programs typically require half the credits of a bachelors degree. They therefore typically take half the time (2 years) to complete but there are some accelerated programs that let you finish even quicker than that. The nice thing about associate degree programs is that at the end you have a degree that looks good to potential employers and if you choose to go back to school or continue your education at the end of the program all of the credits can be used towards completion of a bachelors degree.

This site has some good information on regionally accredited colleges offering associate degree programs online:

http://www.ecollegefinder.org/online-ass

Good Luck!

If I take online classes now, can I change my mind later and actually go?
At my university, online classes and in-person classes were separate - taught by different professors, covered material at a different rate, kept separate class rolls. It was not an option to just start showing up halfway through the semester - it was a different class.

No comments:

Post a Comment