Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I fix my YJ Wrangler Lift?

I have had my '95 Wrangler for a little over a year now, and the guy that I bought it from put a ';lift'; on it. All it is is a 2'; extender for the leaf springs. He also didn't change the suspension so now I get to fix his mess. Do I need to buy a whole new lift system or just a 2'; suspension set. Thanks for the answersHow do I fix my YJ Wrangler Lift?
You need to specify what the problem is. It sounds like he put 2'; shackles on. You don't need to change suspension components with a mild lift like that. I would suggest, depending on your budget, to remove the shackles and get better leaf springs with the desired amount of lift. The YJ's stock leaf springs are pretty crappy anyway. Post an extension to your question with the specific problem you're having and I'll check back. Feel free to email me as well.



Good luckHow do I fix my YJ Wrangler Lift?
Sounds like he put a shackle lift on it. it is a very common way of lifting a leaf sprung vehicle if you don't have money. If you want to take it back to stock remove the shackle and get the original one. If you want to lift it you can either reverse spring it by putting the axle under the springs or buy a 2'; kit. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment