Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What do you think of this as a tattoo? *picture included*?

I'm thinking of putting it on my left foot, starting with the little man (a Kokopelli) right by my pinky toe and curving the letters up the side of my foot.

The Kokopelli typically is a trickster, he's also a symbol of fertility and change. The Kokopelli traditionally would dance through a city playing his flute to bring the change from winter to spring/summer. I thought by using the image of a Kokopelli and the word dream I could represent how I'm finally changing into my own person by following my dreams and not just allowing myself to settle for the life other people have mapped out for me.

I'd do it all in black ink and keep it rather simple.



*fingers crossed that this link works*

http://twitpic.com/okogiWhat do you think of this as a tattoo? *picture included*?
I love the design! But I wouldn't get a tattoo, I'd copyright it and make a bunch of shirts and hats to wear. :DWhat do you think of this as a tattoo? *picture included*?
Wow, I love it :) Very original.
that is kind of cool i have never seen something like that before. hope this helps
Very interesting background information. What culture is it from? And i love the idea of a Kokopelli, although it may become rather marred if its near the bottom of your foot.
I think if you want to get it, then get it. But a lot of people get a kokopelli.
I absolutely love that idea :)
I think it's fairly awesome. The kokopelli has a long and interesting tradition, and takes many forms throughout a variety of cultures. I want to say Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling have a collection of trickster tales. It's a good book. I think you've got a very well thought out and meaningful tattoo, and it's a symbol that a lot of people will readily recognize and appreciate. Go for it!
I really like it, but it's more important that you like it, more so, love it! it will be on your body forever. Good luck, again, I quite like that, very original.
Be ready to explain what it is a lot. I have 2 Kokopelli on my ribs and a lot of people don't know what they are. They're cute and if you want it then go for it.



Personally, I hate mine and can't wait until I have the money to cover it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment